Given its mission, Rocky Mountain AUVSI has adopted a Code of Ethics (Code) to guide its executive board members, committee members and staff in their conduct when acting on behalf of RMAUVSI. The Code contains broad principles reflecting the types of behavior the chapter expects towards constituents, donors, peers and the public.
This Code is not intended as a stand-alone policy. It does not embody the totality of RMAUVSI’s ethical standards, nor does it answer every ethical question or issue that might arise. Rather, it is one element of a broader effort to create and maintain a quality organization that gives ethical conduct the highest priority. This Code will be reviewed periodically.
Board members, committee members and staff should:
- Listen to our stakeholders and make all reasonable efforts to satisfy their needs and concerns within the scope of our mission, and to strive for excellence and innovation and demonstrate professional respect and responsiveness to constituents, donors and others.
- Make an effort to understand, respect and support our constituents from other cultures, exemplified by the contributions of our staff and executive leadership, and to contribute to an organizational culture that respects the diverse, individual contributions of staff and leadership.
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information about RMAUVSI, its members, constituents, donors, board and committee members.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and fiduciary responsibilities in an effort to create transparency in all of our operations.
- For the executive board, provide credible and effective oversight to the chapter’s work without personal bias.
- Not accept commissions, gifts, payments, loans or promises of future benefits or other items of value from anyone who has or may seek some benefit from RMAUVSI in return, other than occasional gifts of nominal value that are in keeping with good business ethics.
- Abide by the governing documents and policies RMAUVSI.
- Be accountable for adhering to this Code of Ethics.
- Act at all times in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in the best interest of the RMAUVSI, its members, constituents, donors and reputation.
- Openly and honestly tell the truth.
- Honor our commitments and promises to the best of our abilities.
- Appropriately acknowledge contributions from other individuals and organizations who help facilitate our goals.
- Not be deceptive in our operational activities or in prospecting for new members to join the RMAUVSI.
Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting
The RMAUVSI President is responsible for communicating this Code of Ethics to all members of the board of directors, standing committee members, members and volunteers and for ensuring its adherence at all times.